Gilbert Powers of Attorney Lawyer
Skilled Legal Assistance for All of Your Estate Planning Needs
Powers of attorney allow you to authorize someone else to make decisions on your behalf. It is vital to designate another person whom you trust to make these personal decisions for you in the event of incapacity. That way your voice is be heard when you are not able to express yourself. Hansen Law Office, PLLC can enlighten you on the matter of powers of attorney and create subsequent documents that reflect your decisions. Our Gilbert powers of attorney lawyer offers personalized and caring service for these critical estate planning instruments.
Call our office at (480) 418-7878 or contact us online to arrange for a free consultation concerning your estate planning needs.
Various Types of Powers of Attorney
Generally, powers of attorney cover your property and/or assets and medical care. These legal instruments generally name a spouse or other trusted adult as your “agent” with either full or limited control on specific or general issues.
Powers of Attorney can include:
- A general power of attorney that allows your designated agent to make almost any decision on your behalf.
- A limited power of attorney that limits your agent to handle certain acts or transactions; this may also be written for a limited time period (for example, if you are traveling or staying abroad).
- A durable power of attorney that authorizes someone to take charge of your financial affairs should you become incapacitated; this agent has a fiduciary duty to act in your best interests.
- A durable health care (medical) power of attorney that authorizes the type of care you will receive, such as end-of-life care; this person enforces an advanced care directive and makes any decisions that are not covered in it.
- A mental health care power of attorney that authorizes your agent to make mental health decisions on your behalf, including admission to memory care facilities.
We Are Here to Make Your Wishes Legally Enforceable
Powers of attorney are generally a very important aspect of estate planning. It is best to have them drafted by a competent estate planning lawyer to avoid disputes among family and interested parties. Hansen Law Office, PLLC is here to protect you and your wishes through proper legal planning and instruments.
Contact us to discuss your estate planning concerns at (480) 418-7878.
Very responsive, easy to work with, and a professional.- Chris
Treated us Like Family- Mike P.
Professionalism, Dedication, and Knowledge- Alex C.
Excellent Legal Advice- Anonymous
Complete Attention to Detail- Alex